Monday, June 21, 2010

Gulf of Mexico and Oil Spill

I live only 2 hours away from the Gulf of Mexico but also have family that lives only minutes away from the Gulf. It was devastating when we heard about the pipe that erupted that began spuing millions of gallons of oil into the gulf. At first I wanted to blame the company BP for this oil spill. But then I realized that it wasn't there fault. The government wanted to chart into more of the waters of the Gulf of Mexico to search for more oil. So it was a risk that everyone involved should of been aware of. I understand that there are other states complaining of oil reaching their banks and destroying their habitat as well. Even some of the district attorneys in Florida wants to start lawsuits against BP for this happening. But they fail to realize that this company has already spent over 2 Billion dollars in trying to either slow the oil being spued or trying to stop it completely. Our great leader and president Obama shows other interest. Instead of being here in Louisiana helping us figure out what we can do to help the oil leak, he is out playing golf, taking vacations and attending bar-b-ques. Now I know McCain wouldn't of been a better choice, but for me neither of them are. All we can do is hope and pray that they stop the oil leak before it completely destroys everything that we once knew.

1 comment:

  1. The Ragin' Cajans are sure to endure yet again against the awesome forces of nature, Napoleon, Katrina, illegal radioactive waste dumping, fluoride in their water supply and unstoppable oil leaks might temporarily slow down summer crawfish boils, but they have a resiliency much like hobbits when it comes to incessant tribulations forced upon by irresponsible government and corporate entities

    ReplyDelete